100% of all participant-raised money helps those fighting cancer
We are very proud to report that every single dollar our participants raise goes to the initiatives RFH creates and finances through the year. Together we have raised nearly $3.5 million. Together we truly are building hope and resources to help Bahamians in their fight against cancer. Read on to learn how you can improve your fund-raising efforts!
Think big! Tell your friends and family what your fundraising goal is and why. Don’t undersell yourself or the cause. Stretch yourself. Even if you don’t hit your goal, you will end up raising more money, as everyone will take your fundraising efforts more seriously. Everyone wants to be a part of something big.
Number one key to successful fundraising
- Be authentic. Share your excitement about participating. Share your passion about helping the many, many Bahamians in need! Be inspiring and inspirational.
- Share your goal as soon as possible! Send out messages on your social media accounts and via email.
- Post regular updates all the way up to the event. This way you can share your personal progress with your friends, family, and supporters.
- At the event, capture your RFH experience with photos and in words and share those on social media afterwards. Your friends certainly will be moved to see and hear about your experience.
- Don’t forget to thank everyone who supported you and helped you make it to your goal.
Company Donations/Matched Funding
- Talk to your employer and your professional network about matching your fundraising. Let them know what you are doing over RFH weekend. Build enthusiasm. Confidence is always contagious!
Sponsor per Mile
- Ask your family and friends, your employer, fellow employees, your professional network to sponsor you for every mile you ride or run.
Hold an Event
- Host friends at your house for lunch, dinner or whatever works for you. Tell them in person what your goal is and invite them to be part of something special.